Monday, August 13, 2012

Folly Beach Day 5

Earlier this year I had won a gift card to Tristan which is the restaurant located in the same building as The French Quarter Inn which is the place we stay when we go to Charleston. I had always heard a lot about Tristan but to be honest it is one of those places that the food is more of an art and we are more about the food being just really, really good not so much about the look. Anyway, we were excited to try Tristan on our trip. It was definitely interesting.
Let me apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures. It was a really nice restaurant and I was trying to take the pictures with my phone without causing scene. :)
We ordered the special which was Vanilla Poached Lobster with a salad. 

This was the chef's interpretation of a BLT. It was tiny but the burst of flavor was amazing.
Salad
Palette Cleanser

Our Lobster... The first bite was amazing and after that I have to say I should have thought more about the vanilla part in the description. There were also these little orange jelly things that were supposed to be a burst of flavor and it definitely was but a little too much for me. 
I just have to say that I am more of a Paula Deen kinda girl I like my Lobster with butter. 
You really don't need anything else.
It was a great experience and the food was good but I think I will stick to my Southern Charleston Food from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We really appreciate each comment! :)