- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced (we went the easy route and used the ready to cook garlic in the bottle about 1 tablespoon)
- 4 cups of Marinara (we used traditional Prego)
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Grated Parmesan Or Romano Cheese, To Taste
- 1-½ pound thin wheat spaghetti
- 1 pack of Italian Sausage
Brown Italian Sausage.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions, pepper, and garlic and saute. This will take a couple of minutes. Pour in marinara and add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in cream. Add cheese to taste, then check seasonings. Stir in pasta and italian sausage and serve immediately. (Thin with pasta water before adding basil if needed. **We didn't need it)
We also baked some sour dough bread with butter and garlic.
This was delicious!!! We had a lot left over because there are just two of us. Mr. C and I will be taking the leftovers for lunch tomorrow plus we will still have a little left.
Anyway, I think this week has taught me that I could totally be a hermit. I have been perfectly content here in my little house. Of course I had Lucy to keep me company but I would be just fine staying here another week or two as long as we had groceries. I know I am weird.... but content.
And because I do not think I have introduced you to my Lucy yet here she is...