Monday, August 1, 2011

Yard Sale Treasure

We bought this stool at a yard sale a couple of weekends ago. It was several different colors but had potential. I am not the tallest person at 5'1 I have a difficult time reaching the top of our cabinets for the spices and such. I usually have to drag a chair over to get up there and have always wanted a little stool. So when we were yard saling a couple of weeks ago Caleb, the wonderful husband he is, came across this and showed it to me. I got it for $3 dollars. The little lady that I bought it from came up and gave me a hug and told me that she had kept it in her kitchen for years and recently her husband told her that she could not climb up on anything anymore and so he put it in the yard sale. She then whispered to me, "but when he is not around I will climb up on anything I want!" She let out a little giggle and had that twinkle in her eye that reminded me of my great-grandmother. She was always up to something. Anyway, that made it a little more special to me. 

 So today while I was in the house escaping the heat Caleb was in the garage working on this. Of course I did not know that until he brought it in and showed me. I am a lucky girl! :)

I think he did an excellent job on that little stool.

I linked to this party:
southern hospitality



1 comment:

  1. I love, love yard sales! Caleb did great on refurbishing that stool

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We really appreciate each comment! :)