Saturday, May 28, 2011

Garden 2011

And so our garden begins...
A little dark on this one but these are our tomato plants and peppers to the side.

 Onions
Squash and cucumbers...

 We also ended up with a cantoloupe. Not sure how that happened. Neither one of us eat Cantoloupe but maybe we will begin to like it. My great-grandfather loves cantoloupe. Maybe I can just give it to him if it grows. I remember he used to eat cantoloupe all the time but my biggest memory was when we would be eating breakfast at their house. My great-grandmother and grandfather made the best gravy and biscuits and dip eggs as I called them then (fried eggs). Sorry just taking a walk down memory lane. I sure do miss those days. My g-grandmother fell this past Sunday and broke her leg where she has already had a hip replacement putting her in the hospital for emergency surgery. She is still not doing real good and it makes me very sad. I have been taking trips down memory lane a lot this week. I am blessed to still have my great-grandparents. As they are in their mid 90's. I have some wonderful memories of them and I will always treasure those.
So far we have planted: Tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, poblano peppers, cucumbers, squash, one zucchini, watermelon, cantoloupe, cilantro, and basil.

What are you planting this year? I have never been successful with watermelon any suggestions?

The cilantro did not survive last year and I have never tried basil. Let me know if you have any suggestions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We really appreciate each comment! :)